Please visit us to register your student(s) at least two (2) days prior to the date you wish your child(ren) to begin. This allows for the student's information to be entered into the school database and class placement / scheduling of your child(ren) to be completed before their start date. We will also have you notify / arrange transportation at that time. If there are no openings at your home school, your child(ren) may be transferred to another school within the district. If that happens, transportation WILL be provided. Your child will be placed in their home school the following school year. If you have questions, please call the following number or e-mail our District Registrar.

Registration Office
411 N. Highlander Way, Suite D
Howell, MI 48843
Phone 517.548.6232
Fax 517.552.7589
Email helen@HowellSchools.com

7 am-4 pm


Quick Links

Schools of Choice Information
Transportation Department
Find Your Child's School
Kindergarten Registration


What to Bring to Register

Below are the registration forms needed to enroll your child in Howell Public Schools. The asterisks represent forms you will need to print, fill out and bring with you. It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to obtain the rest of the information from your child's previous school or your files. We will make copies and give the originals back to you. Registration packets can also be picked up from the Registration Office.

1 -  Registration Packet*
2 - Records Request Form (select  K-8 Form* or  9-12 Form*)
3 - Certified Birth Certificate or an  Inability to provide certified birth certificate form*
4 - Immunizations Record ( Revised requirements effective Jan. 1, 2010)
5 - Proof of Residency (driver's license, utility bill, or rental or purchase agreement)
6 - Legal Guardianship Papers (if not parent)
7 - Name/Address/Fax/Phone of previous school attended 

If registering for High School, also bring:
8 - Bring transcript from previous

If registering for Special Education, also bring:
9 - Student's most recent IEP

To learn about registering a student for kindergarten, please visit our Kindergarten Registration page.

If registering for free/reduced meals, also bring:
Free/Reduced Breakfast and Lunch Form*

In-District Transfer Request

If you would like to apply for an in-district transfer to another school, please complete the In-District Transfer Request form below. A paper copy of the form are available in the Registration Office. 

In-District Transfer Request (online submission)

In-District Transfer Request (Paper Copy)

 PDFs require Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher). Click to download for PC or Mac

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2019 West Corporation. All rights reserved.